We are seeking a highly organized and motivated editorial fellow at our New York office. The fellow will be an integral part of a small team, working closely with editors on day-to-day operations of CrimeReads, part of the Lit Hub family of websites. As the fellow must be able to work with us in the office, we will not be considering remote applicants; applicants who are not currently in New York but willing to relocate should explicitly indicate that in their cover letters.
– Assistance maintaining the website
– Preparing pieces for publication: copy-editing, formatting on WordPress, headlining, and creating feature images
– Writing book roundups, interviews, and original articles for CrimeReads
– Help maintaining databases of forthcoming titles, as well as selecting fiction and nonfiction excerpts to feature on site
– Help writing copy for distribution of site’s articles on social media
– General office duties
– The ability to multitask, a great deal of initiative
– Strong critical reading and writing skills
– Familiarity with and strong interest in contemporary crime, mystery, and thriller literature
– Proficient in Excel, experience with WordPress, Adobe, Mailchimp a plus
– A basic understanding of HTML
– An interest in participating in publishing, reader, and writer communities on social media
– Previous publishing and/or editorial experience is preferred
This is a paid, full-time position with opportunities for advancement. The fellowship is six months (July through December). To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com by June 19th, to start July 8th. In the cover letter, please include a paragraph detailing the best book you’ve read recently. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only candidates selected for the next round of consideration will be contacted.
Lit Hub is also seeking an editorial fellow. More information about the Lit Hub fellowship can be found here.
CrimeReads needs your help. The mystery world is vast, and we need your support to cover it the way it deserves. With your contribution, you'll gain access to exclusive newsletters, editors' recommendations, early book giveaways, and our new "Well, Here's to Crime" tote bag.